Monday, October 27, 2008

Mayhew Lodge Ruins


18 x 24 oil on Alkyd Primed Canvas
Haven't painted anything new in a while. I have been busy studying and reworking some old paintings that just missed the mark. I have had this in the to be painted file for a while. I was instantly fascinate with the architecture and mystery of the place. It is located on the west fork trail just outside of Sedona. It is my understanding that the place burned down in the early 80's an a number of movies were filmed here. I liked the quarkiness of the oddshaped openings.

4 comments:

Michael Pieczonka said...

Les, stellar authentic sense of light in this. Good composition as well, I love the slit of the door or window in that brich structure.

Michael Pieczonka said...

Les, a beautiful authentic sense of light in this painting. Good composition as well. I love the slit of the door/window in that brick structure.

Anonymous said...

I have visited this place many times. I was surprised to see this anf ind out it was not a photo. Great work.

Marta Hoya said...

Exelente!!!!!!!!!!!!